Ever wonder why your website not searchable on google.
After having a website, next step is to get indexed in search engine so that your targeted audience can find you. So the first step to promote your website is to submit URL to various search engines such as google, bing, yahoo, yandex, baidu, etc.
After submitting, you have seen that your URL is not listed or showing up in the search engine results. Here you can find a list of factors which are hindering the indexing of your URL in search engines:
- Blocked Crawler – If your website is secured with the passwords and if nobody can get access to it, then how can the crawlers and robots? Search engine crawlers and robots will not be able to find your website in that case.
- Under Construction – Make sure that your website is finished and has no missing pages. Search engines are much more smarter these days and don’t like incomplete websites. If that is the case, complete your website first before submitting to search engines for indexing.
- Technical Errors – There may be some technical reasons for which a specific site don’t get indexed. These may incorporate technical erros and bugs that emerge from the sheer magnitude of the entries and re-entries made by the users.
- Using Free Domains – If you have facilitated your site on a free space and using a free domain name, you may run over issues in indexing your website. So, it is dependably a smart thought to have your site on a reputed servers with a keyword rich domain name.
- Using Frames – Using frames in website is not a good approach. Frames are distinctive pages in the same page in a frame based website.
- Outgoing Links – Some web search engines like Google don’t index pages which don’t have outgoing links with other websites. They even assign you a period time of around 30 days to get the Outgoing Links. If in that period, you won’t be successful then your site may get pruned.
- Limited pages – Most search engines have few breaking points for the quantity of pages that they will index. On the other hand, if your site is exceptionally popular then the web crawlers may extend this limit for your submissions.
- Quality of website – When you submit a website to search engines like yahoo, Dmoz, Open Directory etc. they look closely and carefully analyse the submissions as per there quality standards. So it is extremely important to maintain the quality of your website.
- Malware/Spam free – Ensure that your site is without spam and malwares and you don’t utilize any black hat SEO tricks and tactics to generate traffic to your website as search engines hates spamming websites resulting in de-indexing the webpages from there search results.
- Page size and Load time – Make sure your website pages don’t take quite a while to load and open. In that case, the search engine crawlers won’t be able to completely crawl and index website content. It is prescribed to keep your pages around 50 kb. This foundation has been set especially in perspective of the clients who are still utilizing the dial-up connections .
- Shared IP Address – When you are using shared web hosting, the web hosting company sometimes gives the same IP address to different sites. If any of these sites, utilizing the same IP is included in any illegal dispute then the search engines suspends the IP itself making all the links websites suffer.