Most people, or better put, most people that want to portray a professional image will seek help from the pros when it is time to make a logo design. Attempting to create a logo when you are not savvy in the area can be disastrous. You may end up experimenting to the point that you completely misrepresent your brand image.
Logos, as small as they may be send huge messages. Never do anything that will distort that message. So, you will likely need a professional logo designer to get the job done right. How do you get the most bang for your buck?
1. Does this designer promise you a custom logo?
If not, walk away. Only custom designs can meet the needs of your business. It must also represent your business well so skip any ideas about using clip art and doing this yourself.
2. How many revisions will your designer accept?
This way you do not have to settle on what they give you initially and you can work with them to get the perfect logo. Make sure at least a few revisions are included.
3. Ask to see their portfolio.
Truthfully, the portfolio should knock your socks off. Make sure that previous logos need no explanation. If they do then they are ineffective.
4. Is this designer advertising on the premise that they can save you loads of cash or are they basing their advertising on what they know how to do? The latter is much more promising. Low low prices should send you walking.
5. Avoid logo designers that promise you expedited results.
Perfection takes time and you are paying for it so why not use it? Steer clear of designers that simply crank out their work.
6. You need a designer that is original because your logo will need to be trademarked. You can’t trademark a logo that some other company is using or one that came from a template. Your logo must be distinct.
7. Make sure that your designer is easily accessible. You will want an open line of communication open with your designer. Avoid places where you have to leave messages via another person.
8. Thoroughly examine your potential logo designer’s logo. It should be awesome, simple, but also send a clear message, does it?
The competition is tough when you are seeking a logo designer. So you have to do some of the leg work yourself to make sure that you get the best logo designer possible. In the long run it will be worth it because your logo is one of the biggest investments your company will ever make.